Twilight Volcano Adventure
Adults: Over 12 years oldChild: 8 to 12 years old
From : 214.00 USD
Have you ever witnessed the glow of hot, flowing lava from a live volcano? This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity is yours on a twilight Kilauea volcano adventure in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Traverse caves, forests, natural phenomena and see active volcanoes. From the Saddle to Hilo and Paona this journey will allow you to reconnect with nature.
Follow the Chain of Craters
Departing from Kona, Waikoloa and Hilo, you will spend an entire day on this Kilauea volcano adventure, making your way to Volcanoes National Park; 12 hours round trip from Kona. Visiting the only national park featuring an active volcano, you will see the smoke rising from deep within the earth as you travel along Chain of Craters Road, stopping at steam vents and lava tubes. This area is home to a few of the rarest animals and plants in the whole world!
Look into the Eye of Pele
When darkness falls, look into Halemaumau Crater to see the fiery red lava deep inside. The locals call the volcano Pele, or Pelehonuamea, the goddess of volcanoes. Be sure to bring a jacket and long pants, as it gets cold on the mountaintop. Witness of the raw power of lava as it goes into the see during sunset. The excursion will be tailored depending on the volcanic activity each day; you should be taken to the active areas of the volcanoes; as legally and safe as possible.
The Perfect Finale
Your adventure ends by enjoying dinner in the center of Pahoa, Hawaii’s second largest city. Pahoa is a beautiful town that has kept the rustic feeling of an old plantation.
Location(s): Hawaii, Island
Season: All year round
Duration: 12 hours ( approx.)
Includes Transport: No
Good physical condition required: No
Suitable for the elderly: Yes
Pregnant women allowed: No
- Deli-style lunch
- Picnic dinner
- Beverages & snacks
- Access fees
- Use of walking staffs, rain panchos, daypacks, flashlights, and warm wear
- Tour time if approximately 12 hours from resort pick-up
- Tour rated easy to moderate
- 8 yrs and up is recommended by HFT
- Guests should bring a warm sweater or jacket: wear long pants and covered walking shoes
- Guest on this tour should not be physically challenged or unable to walk short distances of 0.5 to 1.5 miles on uneven and rocky terrain
- Departs from Hawaii Forest & Trail Headquarters, and Waikoloa Queen’s Marketplace
Be the first one to write a comment for this tour