Twilight Volcano Adventure
Adults: Over 12 years oldChild: 8 to 12 years old
From : 225.00 USD
Imagine a breathtaking hike from Big Island’s mountains to the ocean as you witness different climate zones and ecosystems. This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity is yours on this Kilauea volcano adventure in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Traverse caves, forests, natural phenomena and see active volcanoes on a 12-hour journey that fully connects you with nature.
Follow the Chain of Craters
Departing from Kona, Waikoloa and Hilo, you’ll spend an entire day on this Kilauea volcano adventure, making your way to Volcanoes National Park. It’s a 12-hour round trip from Kona. Visiting the only national park featuring an active volcano, you’ll have a chance to see the smoke rising from deep within the earth as you travel along Chain of Craters Road, stopping at steam vents and lava tubes. This area is home to a few of the rarest animals and plants in the whole world!
Look into the eye of Pele volcano
On your Kilauea adventure, you’ll see the volcano called Pele, or Pelehonuamea, the goddess of volcanoes. Be sure to bring a jacket and long pants, as it gets cold on the mountaintop. The excursion will be tailored depending on the volcanic activity each day, and you should be taken to the active areas of the volcanoes as safely as possible. Seeing an active volcano or lava cannot be guaranteed.
The perfect finale — dinner in Pahoa
Your adventure ends by enjoying dinner in the center of Pahoa, Hawaii’s second largest city. Pahoa is a beautiful town that has kept the rustic feeling of an old plantation.
Location(s): Hawaii Island
Season: All year round
Duration: 12 hours (approx.)
Includes Transport: Yes
Good physical condition required: No
Suitable for children: Yes
Suitable for the elderly: Yes
Pregnant women allowed: Yes
- Deli-style lunch
- Picnic dinner
- Beverages and snacks
- Access fees
- Use of walking staffs, rain ponchos, daypacks, flashlights, and warm wear
- Tour time is approximately 12 hours from resort pick-up
- Tour rated easy to moderate
- Guests should bring a warm sweater or jacket: wear long pants and covered walking shoes
- Guest on this tour should not be physically challenged or unable to walk short distances of 0.5 to 1.5 miles on uneven and rocky terrain
- Departs from Hawaii Forest and Trail Headquarters, and Waikoloa Queen’s Marketplace
- Transportation also available from major Kailua-Kona Resorts as well as Keauhou Bay
Be the first one to write a comment for this tour