Volcano Downhill Bike Tour
Adults: 13 years and older
From : 193.00 USD
Experience the Maui wind in your hair and the most awe-inspiring sunrise as you drop from 6,500 feet to sea level in an exciting bike ride down the slope of a dormant volcano. Join in a special bike excursion where you’ll get the best views of the Hawaiian island and cruise past pineapple and sugarcane fields in a twisting and turning descent from the volcano mountain top.
Coast down a volcano and view an astonishing dawn
Your adventure begins very early with a 2 a.m. pick-up at your resort, ensuring you’ll take your excursion right as dawn breaks. Climbing up to the top of Haleakala Volcano at Haleakala National Park in the comfort of a luxury van, you won’t have to do the heavy work to enjoy the Maui views from the peak. Instead, you get to coast down the volcano on bikes, allowing gravity to take you down the 6,500 feet for a 28-mile coast.
The main attraction is in the horizon, where the bright colors of the breaking dawn will astound you as its glory paints the Maui landscapes. You’ll also be riding past pineapple and sugar cane fields until arriving to the historic and quaint town of Paia. The mountain ride features twists and turns and fresh Maui air for an exhilarating bike trip.
Ride Comfortable Bikes with a Guide
Your bike riding tour features comfortable speed cruiser bicycles with extra wide seats and special drum brakes, helmets, gloves, wind suits and jackets for the ride, as well as the entrance fees to Haleakala National Park. Before you descend the volcano, coffee and snacks will boost your energy for the 2-hour descent. Arriving at Paia Town, feel free to stop for a bite to eat. Riders 13 and older are welcome on this unforgettable ride.
Season: All year long
Duration: 10 hours
Includes Transport: Yes
Good physical condition required: Yes
Minimum height requirement: 5 ft (1.5 m)
Suitable for children: No
Suitable for the elderly: No
Maximum weight permitted: 275 lbs (125 kg)
Pregnant women allowed: No
- Round-trip transportation from your resort
- Hot beverage and pastries or muffins at base yard
- Haleakala National Park entrance fee
- Riding gear
- Riders must be over 5 feet tall, at least 13 years old and have recent bicycle riding experience (within the last 12 months)
- Pregnant riders and riders weighing over 275 lbs are not permitted
- Riders must be physically capable to endure the outdoor activity and be free of any medications that might cause drowsiness or inattentiveness
- In addition to the general restrictions, all guests will be required to fulfill requirements on Medical Release Form and Visitor Acknowledgement of Risk Form
Be the first one to write a comment for this tour