Big Island Volcano Deluxe
Passengers: 2 years and older
From : 579.00 USD
Get on a helicopter and be enthralled by the orange glow of Kilauea, the Big Island’s active volcano inside the landscape of Volcanoes National Park. This helicopter tour of Hawaii’s Big Island provides you with almost 2 hours of spectacular views, with the possibility of seeing fiery molten lava traveling slowly toward the sea, as well as the scenery of Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea mountains.
See an active volcano from the air
Your aerial tour of the Big Island of Hawaii will be aboard a six-passenger Whisper STAR helicopter, with open seating. Departures can be early in the morning, or in the afternoon, the choice is yours. Your flight will have you soaring above Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, which begins as rainforests at its peak and gets increasingly drier as you head to the shores.
As you fly above Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, take in sweeping views of Kilauea, the island’s active volcano that continues to add to the growth of the Big Island. All around this national park area, you can view small valleys created by molten lava flow, as well as craters releasing vapors, and flora spawning through the devastation of the volcanic eruptions.
Visit the multiple landscapes and climates of Hawaii
Your helicopter tour of Hawaii’s Big Island also flies above Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea volcanoes, topping out at 33,000 feet above sea level. You'll take in the tropical valleys of the Kohala Mountains from the best vantage point available, discovering hidden waterfalls and valleys.
Most noteworthy, the Big Island features 8 of 13 of the world’s climate zones, and you'll see them all from your seat. Travel along the Hamakua coast for more picture-perfect landscape settings, including lush green pastures and gardens adorned with beautiful tropical flora. A narrated flight video will be available for purchase at the end of your outing.
Location(s): Hawaii Island
Season: All year long
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Includes Transport: No
Good physical condition required: No
Suitable for the elderly: Yes
Maximum weight permitted: 240 lbs (109 kg)
Pregnant women allowed: No
- Ground briefing
- Personally narrated tour
- Air-conditioning and complimentary coffee
- The pilot-narrated video of your actual flight is available to purchase on DVD
- Hats and oversized bags are not permitted in the aircraft
- No scuba diving 24 hours prior to departure
- Children less than 24 months fly at no charge on an adult's lap
- A portable lifting device is available for passengers requiring special assistance
- Any passengers weighing 240 lbs or more (combined weight of 420 lbs or more) will be required to purchase a comfort seat
- 100% charge on comfort seats
- No guarantee of seeing lava on this excursion
Be the first one to write a comment for this tour